At Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, we are committed to providing you with a safe, comfortable, and convenient surgical experience. From cataract removal to arthroscopic surgeries, we offer comprehensive surgical services to individuals throughout Northeast Iowa. Our caring staff of professionals, advanced surgical procedures and state-of-the-art equipment help to ensure you receive the highest level of care.
Preparing For Surgery
Please review our Surgery Guide to learn how you can prepare for the best outcomes. If you have a child coming in for surgery, take a look at our Children's Surgery Guide. For more information about what to expect while you or your child are at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, please review excerpts from our Patient Information Folder.
Total Joint Replacement Surgery
For those having total joint replacement surgery, we encourage you to attend a special seminar called Total Joint Replacement Camp. The seminar is hosted on the fourth Monday of every month at 6:00 p.m. in the West Dining Room at Sartori Memorial Hospital in Cedar Falls and is free. You can call 319.272.7200 for more information.
The Covenant Medical Center and Sartori Memorial Hospital Ambulatory Surgery Centers feature:
- Operating rooms with state-of-the-art technology
- Surgical lounge, complete with internet access
- One-stop, streamlined registration
- Pagers for family members to allow you to meet with the surgeon as soon as the procedure is completed
- Rounding by a nurse every 30 minutes during your stay
- Private rooms for preoperative and postoperative care
- Toy room for children waiting to have surgery
- Periodic follow-up phone calls and care advice after your discharge
Our surgery team includes physicians, nurses and anesthesiologists - all focused on caring for you.
Click Here for a map of Covenant Medical Center.
*For your convenience entering Covenant Medical Center, parking ramps are available for use if needed.
Click Here for a map of Sartori Memorial Hospital.
If you have questions or concerns about your upcoming surgery, call 319.272.7099. This phone line is answered Monday thru Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. If calling outside of these hours, please leave a message and one of our staff members will get back to you.