You have access to an accredited, quality cancer treatment center right here at home at Covenant Cancer Treatment Center.
Covenant Cancer Treatment Center has been the area’s only comprehensive, accredited and multidisciplinary cancer treatment center in the 10-county area surrounding Black Hawk County for over 25 years. As Iowa’s first stand-alone facility to combine both radiation and chemotherapy treatment, and offer full support services in one convenient location, the center has stood as a promise of hope for those with cancer.
Accredited by the American College of Surgeons
Covenant Cancer Treatment Center is an accredited Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons Comprehensive Community Cancer Program.
Receiving care at an accredited cancer program ensures patients have access to:
- quality care close to home
- comprehensive care offering state-of-the art services
- multispecialty team approach to coordinate the best treatment options available
There are only 1,433 programs in the whole country that have met the rigorous standards set for accreditation by the American College of Surgeons. The accreditation program of the Commission on Cancer requires that the cancer center:
- Is committed to complete and quality care
- Promises to go above and beyond to keep accurate records, conduct community-based teaching and screening, and collaborate with other health care professionals for the best possible care
- Is obligated to keep an accurate cancer registry for life-long follow up
- Provides an opportunity for patients to participate in ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- Ensures its physicians and all care-giving staff meet state and federal requirements for continuing education and training to provide comprehensive care to patients