If you have spider veins, swelling or leg cramps at night, see our fellowship-trained experts at Imaging Services at Covenant Medical Center. They take time to explain your diagnosis, and they offer the latest advanced options for your care. Get back to enjoying life.
Vascular disease is among the leading causes of death in the United States often shows no symptoms. Wheaton Iowa now offers comprehensive management clinic for patients with Chronic Venous Disease, Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD) and Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) at Covenant Medical Center in Waterloo in order to help catch and treat these types of vein and vascular diseases in their early stages.
Vein and Vascular Procedures Available:
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy
- A procedure that removes superficial veins through small, slit-like incisions in the skin.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation
- A minimally invasive treatment that uses laser energy to cauterize (burn) and close abnormally enlarged veins in the legs, also known as varicose veins.
- Radio Frequency Ablation
- A minimally invasive treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to cauterize (burn) and close abnormally enlarged veins in the legs, also known as varicose veins.
- Ultrasound Guided Sclerotherapy
- A non-surgical treatment for varicose veins that are not visible on the surface of the skin.
- Referral for Visual Sclerotherapy
- Sclerotherapy effectively treats varicose and spider veins. It's often considered the treatment of choice for small varicose veins. Sclerotherapy involves injecting a solution directly into the vein.
Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Our clinic is led by Emil Hurst, MD, Milwaukee Radiology Limited (MRL). Dr. Hurst is a fellowship trained vascular and interventional radiologist with board certification in radiology and emergency medicine. Dr. Hurst previously served as the Medical Director of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – All Saints Vein and Vascular Center in Racine, Wisconsin.
Once your vein and vascular tests are complete, your results will be shared with your family doctor and they will let you know what you need to do next if something is found.
How to Schedule an Appointment
Request a free vein health consultation from a registered nurse. They will provide education and assist you with getting the care you need. Please talk to your doctor and tell them that you’d like to be seen at Wheaton Iowa! You can also schedule an appointment without a doctor's referral by calling 319.272.7072.