Interested in learning more about health care and what career path to choose? Take advantage of our Job Shadow Program!
As the need for health care professionals rise, job shadows play an important role in recruitment by allowing individuals to observe different careers and opportunities within Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-Iowa (Wheaton Iowa). We are excited to offer job shadow experiences to individuals who are interested in exploring the possibility of a career in health care or requesting observation experience for classroom purposes.
Please allow no less than thirty (30) days for scheduling after all of the required documentation is received. Job shadow experiences are “observation” only and are a total of eight hours or less in length within a 12-month period. Individuals must be at least 16 years of age.
Prior to Scheduling
1. Review Wheaton Iowa Job Shadow Policy
2. Complete and submit the signed Job Shadow Agreement
3. Provide Proof/Documentation for the Health Requirements listed below:
- Proof of two MMR vaccinations or proof of immunity
- The seasonal influenza vaccine if shadowing between November 1 and March 31 or later as directed by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Items can be mailed, faxed or emailed.
Covenant Medical Center
ATTN: Human Resources
3421 West 9th Street
Waterloo, IA 50702
Please call 319.272.7322 if you have any questions regarding job shadow experiences.