Student & Intern Placement
Consistent with our Value of Development, we are committed to creating and providing a learning environment for students and faculty of affiliated institutions of higher learning. Our Value of Respect leads us to assure that patients and staff are treated with dignity, respect and compassion. We are obligated to act with integrity by assuring compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare places students throughout the region in a variety of care settings and administrative environments. The following processes are for students attending secondary and advanced practice education (College/University). Process to request Clinical experiences at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare:
Prior to request there must be an Affiliation agreement on file between your college and the Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare organization.Individual Student Coordination
Clinical Group Coordination
- For preceptors, college coordinators, and individual student requests, submit an Individual Student Request Form.
- You will receive an email when your request is accepted. After acceptance/approval, please complete this confirmation spreadsheet to document pre-placement requirements, and email to Iva.Ruehs@mercyhealth.com
- Once placement is approved and pre-requisites are confirmed, click here to complete Online Orientation.
- If you are a student enrolled in medical school, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, social work or mental health counseling programs, please click here to complete online orientation.
- College coordinators, please send this orientation link to your students: https://www.wheatoniowa.org/about-us/employment/student-clinical-placement/for-students.aspx
- For college coordinators requesting group placement, submit a Clinical Request Form. You will receive an email when the placement is approved.
- After acceptance/approval, please complete this confirmation spreadsheet to document pre-placement requirements, and email to Lajuanah.Herdrich@mercyhealth.com.
- Click here to complete online orientation. College coordinators, please send this orientation link to your students: https://www.wheatoniowa.org/about-us/employment/student-clinical-placement/for-students.aspx
To learn more about our offerings, visit our facility locations