About Krissy Wieland
Krissy Wieland is a family nurse practitioner and is excited to launch our Covenant Clinic in Independence, a community she already calls home! She worked as a pain management provider in northern Iowan clinics and hospitals. Mrs. Wieland
"I absolutely enjoy being a provider and caring for my patients. I feel it was my calling in life. My goal is to keep patients educated about their own health, so they can actively participate in decision-making."
After obtaining her BSN from Mount Mercy University in Cedar Rapids, Krissy Wieland served as a registered nurse at Regional Medical Center in Manchester while she worked toward her Doctorate of Nursing Practice. Prior to joining Covenant Clinic, she was a pain management provider for several rural clinics and hospitals in northeast Iowa.
Practice areas of special interest/special procedures:
- Family Practice with experience in Pain Management
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Mount Mercy University in Cedar Rapids in 2010
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice from Clarke University in Dubuque in 2015.
- Nurse residency program at Mercy Medical Center in Cedar Rapids
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners/Family Practice Certified
- Advance Cardiac Life Support, Basic Cardiac Life Support