Clinic Bill Questions

Sample Bill

See a sample bill with a detailed explanation of your clinic bill.

How can I pay my portion of the bill?

MercyOne Northeast Iowa offers the following payments options:

  • Check or money order. Please make check or money order payable to Covenant Clinic, and include your guarantor number on your check. Mail to: Covenant Clinic, 2101 Kimball Avenue, P.O. Box 6200, Waterloo, IA 50704-6200
  • Cash: If paying cash please go to the facility where you received the services or one of our cashier locations: 
       Waterloo Medical Center, located in the entrance of MercyOne Waterloo Pharmacy
       Oelwein Medical Center, located in the Admissions/Registration area
       Sartori Memorial Hospital, located in the Admissions/Registration area  

  • Credit card. We accept MasterCard, VISA or Discover cards. We also accept debit cards with these logos.

When do I become responsible for my bill?

You are responsible for your bill at the time you receive services from the clinic. We ask that you pay your co-pay at the time of service. We ask that all remaining patient balances be paid once you receive the bill.

Who can I talk to with questions about my bill?

Billing representatives are available to help you with any questions or concerns you may have about your bill. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (319) 272-1599 or (877) 643-9413, or you can email

How can I get a copy of my bill?

Please contact the Billing Office at (319) 272-1599 or (877) 643-9413 to request a copy of your itemized bill. If you are leaving a message, please include the guarantor number from your statement.

Why do I receive two bills when I see a MercyOne clinic physician?

Medicare patients seen by a MercyOne clinic physician are billed under Hospital-Based Physician status. This means that Medicare patients are billed in two parts - a physician fee billed by MercyOne Clinic and an outpatient facility services fee billed by Waterloo Medical Center. Questions can be directed to (319) 272-1932 or (319) 272-1933.