Application for admission to the Covenant Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology can be obtained by Clicking Here. Once you have completed mail application and $25 fee to:
Covenant Medical Center
Attn: Program Director
School of Radiologic Technology
3421 West Ninth Street
Waterloo, IA 50702
Completed applications must be submitted before JANUARY 15 to be considered for the class starting the third week in May.
Application well in advance of the deadline is strongly encouraged since admission enrollment is limited and the interview process begins in January.
- Complete application form and send to the School of Radiologic Technology.
- Send $25 application fee to the School of Radiologic Technology (non-refundable).
- Request high school and college transcripts from schools you attended and have them sent directly to the School of Radiologic Technology (address above).
- If all admission requirements have been met, a personal interview will be scheduled by the School of Radiologic Technology.
- Spend at least 8 hours observing in a hospital radiology department and complete the observation form prior to January 15 (observation must be completed prior to scheduling an interview).
After the personal interview, the Admissions Committee will review the data submitted by each applicant and select the best qualified applicants. A written notice will be sent to each applicant.
The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists requires all examinees to have a minimum of an associate’s degree to sit for the registry exam. More information regarding this can be attained by talking to the program director (319) 272-7419.
The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists requires all examinees to disclose any prior felony or misdemeanor conviction. If this situation applies to you, it is suggested that you contact the ARRT directly at (651) 687-0048 to discuss your particular situation. This process is to prevent the student from having completed the two year program and then being ineligible to take the ARRT certification exam.